So I lied. I got my reflow soldering kit from proto-advantage.com and decided to get busy today instead of waiting for the weekend.
Okay, so soon after I last posted, I started toying around with my old AVR mkII ISP programmer to see if I could get it to work again. It worked at some point in the past, but I've reformatted my laptop since then.
So, earlier, I expressed an interest in changing my analog accelerometer to a digital one. I found an excellent candidate, the LIS33DE by ST devices, but it had this weird footprint.
So, I got the first of my digikey orders in today.
I was doing a little napkin-math to see what my power/space constraints would be.
So it turns out not only was the wrench not needed, but if it was, I got the wrong kind. All of the watches I've dealt with are opened by prying off the backing. This is how I've destroyed a number of screw drivers, so I thought a dedicated tool might do a better job. Turns out I was wrong. This wrench is for "jaxa" style watches which have little grooves on the backing which line up with the wrench. The back is then unscrewed.
So, I got my watch and watch case wrench today and decided to put them to use.
So, my current soldering situation is sad at best...
Today was my last first day of school, and when I was taking my bi-annual trip to Staples, I figured I'd pick up a binder to keep all of my data sheets and notes in order. I plan on actually documenting this project!